Heat Pump Repairs
Heat Pump Repairs
If a problem does occur, we’re here to help. Friendly Plumber, Heating and Air has licensed, skilled (and friendly) professionals ready to assist with all your plumbing, and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) projects. Never let a minor repair problem fester into a large, costly one—call Friendly!
Heat Pump Repair in Salt Lake City, Utah
Heat pumps act as both heating and cooling systems, and use electricity to transfer air to and from your home. If there ever is a problem and you experience a blown fuse or otherwise suspect it involves the power, allow one of our licensed technicians to take a look, rather than doing it yourself. Our team can quickly pinpoint what repairs are necessary to keep you and your loved ones safe and comfortable.
We offer 24/7 emergency repair services, custom service plans, and financing options that work with your household budget. Whether you need to have your current heat pump repaired or a new heat pump installed, our team can help. Reach out to us today.
Common Signs That Your Heat Pump Needs Repairs
Heat pumps are typically very reliable and energy efficient HVAC systems. Some heat pump issues, like a complete lack of cool or warm air, are easier to identify than others. Pay close attention to your heat pump, and contact Friendly Plumber, Heating and Air for heat pump repairs if you notice any of the following possible heat pump issues:
- Rising energy bills
- Poor airflow
- Ineffective temperatures
- Short cycling
- Unusual noises
- Frozen outdoor unit
- Thermostat malfunctions
No matter the issues you're running into, Friendly can help. Contact us today for heat pump service throughout Salt Lake City, UT and the surrounding areas.
Troubleshooting Your Heat Pump Issues
Before calling on Friendly Plumber, Heating and Air for heat pump repair services, there are a few things you can troubleshoot by yourself to make sure the solution isn't just a simple thermostat adjustment or filter replacement.
- Many heat pump problems occur because of a faulty thermostat. Check to see if your thermostat is working, and then be sure to set the fan switch to AUTO rather than ON.
- Always check that the heat pump's air filters are clean to allow for proper airflow. If it is dirty and clogged, give us a call at Friendly’s, and we will gladly change it while inspecting your system for other issues.
- If the heat pump system fails to warm your Salt Lake City house, you may need one of our technicians to check the blower, reversing valve, and other parts of the system. If it starts to turn off and on too frequently, that could be an indication it is overheating.
- Are you hearing rattling or squealing noises coming from your heat pump? Those sounds could indicate loose parts or issues with the motor. Strange noises from any part of your HVAC system should always prompt you to call our repair team.
- If the power to the heat pump goes out, and everything seems to be in place, the circuit breaker may have tripped, and you will need to reset it.
Keep in mind that when it is super cold outdoors, a heat pump can go into defrost mode to prevent icing up. When this happens, it will temporarily stop transferring hot air into your home. Here’s where a furnace or an auxiliary source—such as a portable space heater—can help out!
Heat Pump Maintenance Can Prevent Issues
Many heat pump issues occur due to a lack of maintenance. Because heat pumps work year-round to provide both heating and cooling, they require semi-annual maintenance. During a tune-up, your heat pump technician will perform a thorough inspection of your system to find any potential issues before they become major problems. They will also clean and lubricate components, check refrigerant levels, and test electrical connections to ensure optimal performance.
All these services help to prevent issues from ever occurring in the first place, keeping you from running into more serious issues that can threaten your home's comfort and safety. Schedule your semi-annual maintenance to keep your equipment running well all year long.
Schedule Heat Pump Repair Services in the Salt Lake City Area
Heat pump systems are easy to maintain and come in different models to suit your Salt Lake City, UT, home. If there ever is a problem with your heat pump, our team of courteous and knowledgeable professionals at Friendly Plumber, Heating and Air can quickly diagnose and fix it. Our team offers heat pump installation, repair, and maintenance services to ensure we can provide a solution to any trouble you might encounter.
Contact us online or give us a phone call today to schedule heat pump services in Salt Lake City, UT.