Your HVAC system is one of the great benefits of modern home technology, allowing you to control the temperature of your Salt Lake City, UT, home or office, no matter the season. This complex system utilizes thermodynamics, made up of heat transfer and fluid mechanics, in delivering comfort to every room.
It is a significant investment. When something breaks, it only makes sense to quickly address the problem before it develops into a larger issue.
Furnace Repairs in Salt Lake City
Here are a few signs that your heater needs to repair:
- Unfamiliar Sounds: If your furnace is making strange noises such as banging, whining, or hissing, you might need Salt Lake City furnace or heating repair services. These sounds can be due to several problems, including the need to replace a belt, a component that is about to break, or a faulty ignition.
- Turning up the Heat: Are you continuously turning up the thermostat to avoid the cold without relief? The constant cold temperatures could be due to several issues, including a faulty thermostat, leaky ducts, or even a problem with the pilot light.
- Sky-High Electric Bills: Electric bills tend to be a little higher in the winter. If you notice your bills trending outrageously higher than normal it may be time to contact one of our professionals to help diagnose the problem.
- Furnace Has Trouble Starting/Staying On: This is a clear sign your furnace needs repair or will need to replacing. Reasons your furnace may have trouble starting or staying on include wiring issues, a faulty pilot light, a broken fan motor, or the thermostat needs replacing.
- Air Quality in the Home Is Poor: An inefficient furnace can push irritants such as dust and mold throughout the home, leading to poor indoor air quality (IAQ). A few indicators of indoor air pollution include allergies, asthma, and headaches.
- Very Old Furnace: An average lifespan of a furnace is anywhere between 13 and 20 years. Many can last near that 20-year mark. Once a furnace hits 15 years, it is time to start making plans to replace it.
- Constant Repairs: If you have needed someone to come out and repair your furnace more than once within the last two years, it may be time to consider a replacement. Furnaces break down with age. Nip the problem in the bud and purchase a new system before it fails on you.
When a component breaks or not longer runs at peak capacity, we always recommend having one of our experienced HVAC repair specialists work on it. These are not the type of systems an average property owner can work on, as they require advanced knowledge in different fields.
For expert Salt Lake City HVAC repair services for your home or office, Friendly Home Services is here. Our team of experts has worked on hundreds of HVAC systems and can help with just about anything you throw our way.
We promise to provide an unbiased opinion on what we think is the problem—and whether it makes more sense to replace rather than repair the entire system. You will find our prices to be competitive and fair, as we realize an HVAC system is critical to your home or business.
Call Your Furnace Repair Experts Today
I have had the annual protection service with Friendly for the past three or four years or so. I have always enjoyed working with them. Today, Alex came out to look at an issue I was having with my furnace. Not only did he do a thorough inspection, he explained three different options that I had moving forward. Alex was professional, easy to talk to, and very friendly. I look forward to working with him again!
Friendly Home Services takes all the hassles and headaches out of the HVAC needs around your home or business. For any plumbing, heating, or AC repair in Salt Lake City, you can trust our team to treat your home like it was our own.