What’s in our tap water?
Most of the tap and well water we use contains some sort of pollution, whether it be moderate or heavy amounts. No matter what your source is, lake, river, glacier, or well, all contain some level of contaminants from environmental and industrial pollution. There are man-made chemicals and byproduct in our water as well as naturally occurring minerals. Surface water can be exposed to acid rain, stormwater runoff, pesticide runoff, and industrial waste. Groundwater can be contaminated by disease producing pathogens. The contamination found in our water is not enough to make us sick immediately but it has negative affects on our bodies over time. The unwanted substances that lurk in our water are:
- Microbial Pathogens: Bacteria, viruses, pathogens
- Organic Matter: Trihalomethanes, pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, fungicides, solvents, degreasers, gasoline additives, etc.
- Inorganic Matter: Arsenic, barium, chromium, lead, mercury, etc.
- Radioactive Elements: Contaminants from decaying of uranium in rocks and soil.
- Scale: Calcium and magnesium causes scale buildup.
Install a home water purification system to prevent your loved ones from consuming these harmful contaminants. Better tasting drinking water is right around the corner!
Most Popular Types
There are a wide variety of water purification systems on the market but there are two that are more popular than others. The first a standard capacity water cartridge, these are placed inside of durable filters to treat the contaminated water. These filters need to be replaced annually and require more maintenance. The second is the heavy duty filtration system, this system is the highest performing purification option. This system uses multiple filters to remove the contaminants from your water. The filters are placed in a tank and provides you protection from contaminants for 5-10 years before needing to be replaced.
Benefits of a Whole House Purification System
Aside from removing all of the harmful contaminants, there is a lot of benefit to having a water purification system in your home. Take a look at just a few of the benefits:
- Clean filtered water from anywhere in the house
- Healthier sinks, showers, and bathtubs
- Extends the lifespan of your water appliances and household pipes
- Soft water reduces scale in showers and spots on glasses
- Clothes will be softer, brighter, and last longer
- Healthier hair and skin
While the water coming out of your tap has been treated, it is still exposing you to a number of contaminants that are not beneficial to your health. A home water purification system removes all worry from your water. Not sure what type of contaminants are lurking in your homes water or unaware of what type of system you need? Give us a call at 801-923-6355 or visit My Friendly Home Services online.