Heat Pump Repairs
Heat pumps are durable, reliable systems that add comfort and cost savings to your Salt Lake City home. But like any machine with moving parts, they occasionally break down.
If a problem does occur, we’re here to help. Friendly Home Services has licensed, skilled (and friendly) professionals ready to assist with all your plumbing, electrical, and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) projects. Never let a minor repair problem fester into a large, costly one—call Friendly!
Heat Pump Repairs in Utah
Heat pumps use electricity to transfer air to and from your Salt Lake City home. If there ever is a problem and you suspect it involves the power, for safety’s sake, allow one of our licensed electricians look at it first. Our team can quickly pinpoint what repairs are necessary to keep you and your loved ones safe and comfortable.
We offer 24/7 emergency repair services, custom service plans, and financing options that work with your household budget.
- Many heat pump problems occur because of a faulty thermostat. Check to see if your thermostat is working, and then be sure to set the fan switch to AUTO rather than ON.
- Always check the heat pump filter is clean to allow for proper airflow. If it is dirty and clogged, give us a call at Friendly’s, and we will gladly change it while inspecting your system for other issues.
- If the heat pump fails to warm your Salt Lake City house, you may need one of our technicians to check the blower, reversing valve, and other parts of the system. If it starts to turn off and on too frequently, that could be an indication it is overheating.
- Are you hearing rattling or squealing noises coming from your heat pump? Those sounds could indicate loose parts or issues with the motor. Strange noises from any part of your HVAC system should always prompt you to call our repair team.
- If the power to the heat pump goes out, and everything seems to be in place, the circuit breaker may have tripped, and you will need to reset it.
Keep in mind that when it is super cold outdoors, a heat pump can go into defrost mode to prevent icing up. When this happens, it will temporarily stop transferring warm air into your home. Here’s where a furnace or an auxiliary source - such as a portable space heater - can help out!
Call Us for Heat Pump Repairs
Heat pumps are easy to maintain and come in different models to suit your Salt Lake City, UT home. If there ever is a problem with your heat pump, our team of courteous and knowledgeable professionals at Friendly Home Services can quickly diagnose and fix it. Call 801-923-6355 or request service online today.